This past week we had a rare opportunity: Gala, our friend from Kay Angel Orphanage was in the USA and we were able to get her some supplies thanks to Sarah Rolfe of the One Hundred For Haiti team who contacted her family and friends for donations and arranged everything, having it all shipped to where Gala was so that it could be hand carried back to Jacmel Haiti. Here is some of what we sent:
– Swimsuits for all the children
– Sturdy sandals for all the children
– Dell laptop
– New aluminum water bottles for all the children
– Glue gun and hot-glue gun glue sticks for arts and crafts
– Shelving supports for building shelves at the orphanage’s new home
– Screwdrivers and various tools
– Painting supplies for all the children
– Beauty and makeup supplies that the older girls at the orphanage had requested
– Various toys and treats and fun goodies for the children
A great way to get involved with projects like this is to click on the repeating donation option to the right. Even $1 a month sets us up to be able to mobilize on donation opportunities like this when they arise. We’re a small organization with a big heart and every little bit helps.
Thanks to Sarah for making this happen!